Wednesday 25 March 2009

What I've Been Up To

No news is good news, right? I haven't been doing much. Last week I went on two daytrips, one to Grindavík and the other to Vík. This is, after all, the land of the víkings. Anyway, in between those days, I went to a GusGus concert. They are one of my favourite Icelandic bands and one of my favourite electronica bands. Oh, and of course I celebrated St. Patrick's day.



Forget where this is. On the way to Grindavík. The drive here was dangerous as there was a lot of wind and rain and we were very near cliffs.


The saltfish museum in Grindavík.


GusGus!


Hver-something on the way to Vík. Boy, I'm really bad with my geography. A greenhouse growing bananas. According to the guidebooks, Iceland grows the most bananas in Europe.


Vík. The weather varied a lot that day - sun, rain, hail, freezing rain, snow, sleet.

No comments: